The Engineering Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the stadium engineering department including HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, maintenance projects and service contracts. The Engineering Manager will manage services and activities involved in the maintenance and operations of State Farm Stadium including; the retractable roof and field, HVAC (chillers, refrigeration and boilers), electrical, mechanical, and plumbing. This position reports to the Director of Facility Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Assume management responsibility for all services and activities involved in the maintenance and operations of Stadium including the moveable field and roof, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, chillers, refrigeration, boilers and associated equipment.
- Knowledge of basic building control systems (electrical, HVAC, and plumbing).
- Manage calibration of instrumentation and operation of the building control systems.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for facility maintenance and operations; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Participate in the development and administration of the stadium maintenance budget; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary and annual capital projects.
- Manage contractual vendor services for the stadium.
Implement an effective energy conservation and management program.
- Manage ALTUM engineering preventative maintenance program and work order system.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all maintenance issues by meeting with engineering staff regularly and develop long-term maintenance solutions for recurring items.
- Order supplies and materials for maintenance programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies.
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, material safety data sheets and required records and permits; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Allocation of engineering hours in ABI timekeeping system.
- Conduct bi-monthly Engineering Meetings with full staff and 1/1 monthly meetings to review the operation and progress of each department.
- Represent and promote the facility in industry associations and organizations and maintain liaison with competitive stadium facilities.
- Manages subordinate employees in the Engineering departments
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units
- Manage and track all Engineering hours and allocate to appropriate events or event codes
- Coordinate and schedule all engineers and PT engineers