The Head of Business Intelligence leads the Business Intelligence function of the Indianapolis Colts. This function supports the organization’s Commercial Operation to utilize data, technology, and analytical processes to inform the organization’s business strategy. The function’s immediate primary objectives are to maximize revenue, improve fan engagement initiatives, and increase operational efficiencies within the organization’s Ticketing, Partnerships, Marketing, and Content Marketing departments. The Head of Business Intelligence also collaborates closely with the organization’s Executive Team, Finance and Club Strategy departments in revenue management and planning activities. In addition, this position oversees data strategy and management for the organization’s Commercial Operation.
CRM Manager and Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
- Formulate and implement an annual business plan for Business Intelligence containing department’s strategic plan, vision, and objectives for subsequent one, three, and five years.
- Collaborate with Commercial Operations, Finance, and Club Strategy departments to design, iterate, and manage organization’s revenue architecture blueprint and related short- and long-term revenue maximization models and strategic plans.
- Partner with Commercial Operations and Club Strategy departments to refine and formalize the organization in setting departmental objectives and monitoring key performance indicator and results metrics.
- Manage the delivery of specified internal and external financial and business reporting requirements. Develop and maintain executive reports and dashboards that clearly communicate key metrics. Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all related information.
- Collaborate with Information Technology department to oversee Business Intelligence technology stack. Oversee Business Intelligence budget and vendor relationships. Ensure the organization determines the right combination of activities to undertake internally vs. externally and selects best third-party technology providers based on organization’s Business Intelligence objectives and budget.
- Ensure adoption of business intelligence processes and utilization of technology platforms and tools by end users. Implement measures to drive desired adoption behaviors.
- Oversee management of data warehouse and all related data acquisition and data cleansing activities. Collaborate with Commercial Operations to utilize data to make insights that support revenue and fan engagement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain models related to Ticketing and Partnership revenue, pricing, packaging, customer retention, and customer acquisition, among other metrics. Collaborate with Commercial Operations executives to set departmental revenue and related goals.
- Support Ticketing functions. Oversee ticket pricing and packaging optimization and inventory management strategy by analyzing secondary market trends and historical data.
- Support Partnership department in pricing and packaging optimization through analysis of rate card and other internal and external research.
- Partner with Marketing department in database marketing activities, including customer journey building, segmenting, targeting, lead scoring, and data enrichment efforts.
- Support Content Marketing department in analysis of social and digital content performance.
- Serve as liaison between organization and NFL Office and member clubs on all business intelligence, data, and analytics-related matters. Maintain relationships with key counterparts to ensure organization is incorporating best practices into
- Business Intelligence processes. Keep apprised of latest business intelligence-related industry trends.