Serve as liaison to OPTC programs to fulfill training, competition, and meeting program requirements to user satisfaction through effective communication and interaction with coaches, NGB program leaders, community agencies, Sports Medicine and OPTC staff. Respond to changing needs during the duration of the program. Maintain accurate computer records to reflect most current program information. Assist with all aspects of the department (organization, management and implementation of policy). Coordinate with NGB staff and community organizations to assure that optimum results are gained from use of the training center. Assist with all program management needs.
This position is anticipated to start December 2020 and is projected to end February 2021.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate training and competition schedules, program rosters, athlete supervision, transportation and special program requirements (meeting rooms, special meal requests, vehicle requests, etc.) with NGB program coordinator.
- Assist the Assistant Manager of Operations to develop, implement and assign housing for all upcoming OPTC programs.
- Update resident athletes housing assignments on a year round basis.
- Perform room checks to ensure 9am check out from dorms.
- Assist the Assistant Manager of Operations with coordination of schedules for all LPOPTC resident sports on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain communication with NGB program coordinator/coaches (30-60 days prior to program start date) to ensure that all program requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Specifically determine that the approved number of program participants is correct, or reduced, before the one month cut-off date to avoid monetary penalty and check for accuracy of arrival and departure dates and coordination of training or competition schedules.
- Assist Assistant Manager of Operations with LPOPTC programs, including coordinating housing, applications and processing.
- Assist with the coordination of Outside User programs, including event management, as needed.
- Alert the appropriate staff of emergencies or code of conduct violations that occur in LPOPTC dormitories or other areas of the campus.
- Participate in the evaluation of program effectiveness, and report any program-related problems or needs that can be used for future reference.
- Provide a brief orientation for both short-term and Outside User programs.
- Assist the transportation department with driver and vehicle coordination Assist with supporting athletes, coaches, and staff requests through driving as needed.
- Maintain the accuracy of all program records including program roster updates, sports facility/meeting schedule adjustments, housing changes, meal counts, vehicle requests, and transportation.
- Schedule LPOPTC complex meeting rooms for programs, USOPC divisions and outside users.
- At the conclusion of all OPTC programs, prepare and run end reports on the particular programs. Verify computer records are accurate with program folder (including biographical records).
- Offer support and assist the Assistant Manager of Operations on various projects as needed.
- Offer support and assist the Operations Manager on various projects as needed.
- Check the US Center for SafeSport database to ensure every adult checking into the OPTC are all SafeSport certified.
- Send AssureSign email link to every incoming guest and make sure the document is completed prior to check in.
- Perform other duties as assigned.