Chief Athletics Officer University of Saskatchewan
No Longer Accepting Applications
USask is now searching for their next Chief Athletics Officer (CAO) to lead Huskie Athletics in advancing as a preeminent high-performance development program in the country. As CAO you will provide the vision, leadership, strategy, and general management skills necessary to support the evolution of Huskie Athletics. The CAO will report directly to the Dean, College of Kinesiology and the Vice President, University Relations and will work with campus leaders across diverse disciplines to lead and manage Huskie Athletics in ways that advance the mission of the university and build on the Huskie Athletics success story.
You will contribute to and implement the long-term strategic plan to advance the vision, mission, strategies, and objectives of the Huskie program. You will manage an organizational structure and lead a high-performing team that effectively responds to the evolving needs of the program and ensures that all day-to-day operations are consistently aligned with Huskie Athletics program objectives. The CAO is responsible for ensuring financial sustainability, strategic allocation of resources, and fiscal accountability of Huskie Athletics within the university’s financial environment.
As a leader, you will attract, recruit, and retain people by encouraging their professional development and growth. You will motivate, mentor, inspire, develop relationships, and work collaboratively with a diverse and talented team of coaches and staff while fostering an inclusive and high-performance environment that delivers results.
- With 5 to 10 years of related senior management experience, you will have an ability to lead within the sports industry.
- You are enthusiastic about your work and can provide strategic planning, coordination, and communication of key initiatives.
- You enjoy working collaboratively at all levels to build innovative solutions and support continued growth.
- You have knowledge of best practices, processes, and evaluation tools.
- You are creative, influential, innovative, and have the capability to motivate change.
- You also possess knowledge and aptitude of sales, marketing, and media knowledge along with analytical thinking, creativity, relationship building skills and a genuine passion and commitment to advance student-athlete development.
- You demonstrate maturity and sensitivity working with those from diverse identities and backgrounds and have the ability to develop relationships with student and other stakeholder groups and communicate the significance to garner support for varsity athletics in a university environment.