Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Ltd
The Florida Panthers Hockey Club is looking for a hard-working, proactive individual with a positive attitude for a Senior Accountant position. This role will primarily focus on providing the accounting and financial guidance for The Florida Panthers Hockey Club and the BB&T Center. Candidate must be a team player willing to help wherever they are needed.
- Assist in the monthly close, by performing monthly journal entries and maintaining balance sheet accounts, including Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, Prepaid Insurance.
- Assist in yearly audit, by preparing reconciling spreadsheets and provided required backup to auditors.
- Assist in preparing monthly accrual entries.
- Assist in preparing the budget. Work closely with the different departments to understand their business and assist in the preparation of their annual budget.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial, legal requirements.
- Reconciles all bank accounts monthly.
- Comply with current internal control policy.
- Maintain P&L for smaller venue events (e., room rentals).
- Interact with other departments (Sales, Corporate Partnerships, Community Relations), when specific projects are needed.
- Enters daily cash entries in general ledger system.
- Adhere to strict accounting deadlines.
- Prepare the night of show settlements
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university required.
- Master’s Degree or CPA Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience.
- Microsoft Office, NetSuite accounting system a plus
- Ticketmaster and Archtics ticketing systems a plus
- ABI Master Mind scheduling systems a plus
- Organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and in teams.
- Customer focused and professional attitude.
- Flexibility in work hours and availability to work nights and weekends based on the concerts and events schedule.