Summer 2021 Event Operations Intern
Harris County - Houston Sports Authority
EVENT OPERATIONS INTERN POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Harris County – Houston Sports Authority is seeking well-rounded students looking to excel in the sports industry. Our Event Operations interns have an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and hands-on experience working alongside the Events Team.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Assist with event planning and operations
- Participate in meetings and events
- Vendor research, outreach and database maintenance
- Equipment inventory and storage maintenance
- On-site event support to include set-up and teardown
- Other duties as assigned
- Eligible candidates must be enrolled as a full-time college/university student and receive academic credit for the internship.
- Applicant must be available for a minimum of 35 hours per week; during event dates; work long days including some weekends and evenings.
- Lift up to 45 pounds repeatedly, work outdoors and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have reliable transportation