Summer 2021 Digital Media Intern
Harris County – Houston Sports Authority
No Longer Accepting Applications
Over the last 24 years, HCHSA has served as the sports marketing agency for our destination, the city of Houston and Harris County. With that, HCHSA is responsible for bidding on and attracting new sporting events to the Houston area, as well as overseeing the marketing and operations of those events. These events range in size, scope, and sport each year; allowing us to reflect the varying interests of our community.
The Harris County – Houston Sports Authority is seeking well-rounded students looking to excel in the sports industry. Our Digital Media Intern has an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and hands-on experience working alongside the Marketing Team.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Assist in the production of graphics for both web and print materials
- Help develop and maintain Digital Marketing campaigns
- Marketing research
- Create and update website content on multiple websites
- On-site event support to include set up and tear down and other duties as assigned
- Assist in digital media library archives
- Gathering of digital elements (video or photo) prior to or during events
- Assist in video production (pre and post)
- Experience with Adobe Products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere and others (preferred)
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiar with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Eligible candidates must be enrolled as a full-time college/university student and must receive academic credit for this internship
- Applicant must be available for a minimum of 35 hours per week
- During event dates; must be available to work long hours including weekends, evenings, and in some cases holidays.
- Lift up to 45 pounds repeatedly, work outdoors and stand for long periods of time
- Must have reliable transportation
DURATION: June 7 - August 10, 2021