Motion Graphics Designer
No Longer Accepting Applications
Job Title: Motion Graphics Designer
Department: Game Presentation
The Motion Graphics Designer is responsible for supporting the design and development of creative content for in-game entertainment including live action opens, sponsored interactive pieces, and ice projection. This candidate will perform various roles during Nashville Predators home games, including serving as a game night graphics operator. Therefore, the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as dictated by the hockey schedule is essential.
- Create original graphic content for Nashville Predators games and Bridgestone Arena events. Facilitate the design and creation of video/motion graphic elements and animations to be used for:
- LED signage (inner bowl and exterior displays)
- In-arena programming (center hung video boards)
- Creation and implementation of Xpression graphics for in game purposes
- Online digital content
- Conceptualize, storyboard, design, animate, distribute, and manage content.
- Shoot, edit and direct video elements when needed.
- Work with Creative Content Manager and Creative Services Team to determine and facilitate graphic production for in-house video projects, ensuring brand consistency.
- Encode, convert and edit videos, adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
- Stay informed on advancements in animation and software resources, as well as industry trends, pop culture, and fan tendencies with the goal of delivering cutting-edge in-game content.
- Coordinate with Social Media Content Manager on projects for appropriate platforms.
- Graphic Design and/or Video Production degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years professional experience in Motion Graphics required.
- Proficiency with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop/Illustrator and Adobe Premier Pro required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with Cinema 4D required.
- Octane experience preferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Ross Xpression
- Experience with video production workflow required.
- Understanding of projection and video mapping on a playing surface.
- Experience with leading and developing projects required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required.
- Experience working with unusual composition sizes preferred (LED and multiple display formats) preferred.
- Positive attitude. Works collaboratively.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Must be comfortable accepting feedback and specific direction.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based environment while maintaining creative design integrity.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department, including holidays, weekends and evenings.
- Sports entertainment experience preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by Club’s insurance carrier and have reliable transportation.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check, driving history and character references.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Walking, bending, carrying, lifting and handling heavy video equipment weighing 50 pounds required.
- Occasional work at heights of up to 110 feet.
- Ability to clearly communicate with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand in an upright position for continuous period of time.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
- Ability to work in a cold environment and around an ice surface.
- Exposure to bright lights, loud noises, extreme temperatures and dust.
- Visual acuity including but not limited to depth perception and color variation.
- Ability to wear face mask and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.