Marketing Assistant/Graphic Designer
No Longer Accepting Applications
Reporting to the Director, Athletics and Recreation, the Marketing Assistant/Graphic Designer provides support for the development and implementation of marketing strategies, internal/external communication, public relations, and special event planning for the Department of Athletics & Recreation, to increase brand awareness and support revenue generation. This position develops written material for print and electronic media and produces all creative content utilizing graphic design technology, photography and writing skills.
- General University Degree (3 year) or College Diploma in Marketing, Public Relations, or Graphic Design
- Experience Required
- A minimum three years of directly-related experience in graphic design, marketing and promotion
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates ability to apply design theories and principles to develop effective design solutions – advertising, publications design, website design, information design and photography
- Considerable knowledge of writing techniques to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
- Proficiency using graphic design software (In Design, Adobe Photoshop). Intermediate level of computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to manage diverse projects and shifting priorities with tight timelines
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to speak publicly, to deal with the media, and to make presentations
- Ability to work effectively as part of team
- Must be able to work extended hours and evenings/weekends, as required
- Access to a vehicle to attend meetings or special events off-site
- Criminal Records Check (dated within the last 6 months) will be required as a condition of employment