Email Marketing Manager
Los Angeles Clippers
We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team. This position is a critical partner to a cross-functional team and responsible for building relationships that help every department at the Clippers reach their business goals. You will be the email acquisition authority across the organization and lead all aspects of innovation in automation, subscriber growth strategy and execution across all channels, and development and execution of email campaigns that grow revenue across our brand through retention, new fan acquisition, and strategic segmentation that builds lifetime value.
The right candidate brings a strategic approach, record of growing email subscriptions, and technical proficiency in with a common email service provider (including HTML/CSS; we use Marketo), CRM, and web analytics (we use Google Analytics). Collaboration and teamwork are important to us, and the right candidate will collaborate cross-functionally to ensure data collection and fan engagement are included in all programs.
This is a full-time position based in our DTLA office. We are currently working remotely and anticipate onboarding new staff in a remote environment.
What You Will Do
- Work with cross-functional teams across Sales, Partnerships, Digital, and Marketing to develop campaigns that help all teams reach business goals and ensure timelines are met.
- Lead email campaign creation, scheduling, and deployment. Execution includes working with external vendors related to CRM, consumer marketing, and database management.
- Maintain brand consistency, utilize modern design templates optimized for conversion, and develop a strategy for keeping content fresh and dynamic.
- Build email templates and content, including coding, editing, and quality assurance.
- Prioritize emails based on revenue potential and overall corporate strategy.
- Utilize personalization to deliver a premium fan experience.
- Develop a strategic distribution strategy to ensure flawless execution.
- Design and implement tests that support key hypotheses and deliver measurable and impactful takeaways for business growth.
- Oversee effective customer segmentation, persuasive creative, and offers driven by customer insight and email standard methodologies.
- Handle data hygiene for consumer databases.
- Map customer journeys to clearly define email strategy and deliver strong user experience and customer purchase flows.
- Run our email marketing calendar and process workflow – including QA, segmentation, sending, and analysis for all marketing campaigns and automated triggered events.
- Design and execute A/B tests to improve campaign performance and optimization for key traffic and revenue drivers - including open rate, CTR, conversion, and revenue.
- Conduct frequent analysis of competitor programs and emerging trends informing our marketing strategies related to fan segmentation, reducing unsubscribes, and reactivating dormant fans.
- 5+ years of Email Marketing experience.
- Expert knowledge of email best practices, including CRM.
- Experience building strategy, optimized messaging, personalization, and deliverability.
- Experience with CRM / DMP’s required.
- Experience building business requirements for list segmentation, workflows, and triggered events within an ESP.
- Understanding of A/B and multivariate testing methodologies – especially in an e-commerce environment.
- Strong analytic skills, including experience with quantitative test design, customer segmentation, tracking results, and interpreting key insights.
- Ability to pull insights from performance data and build campaign strategy recommendations based on the data.
- Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture or similar).
- Experience with ESPs; Marketo and Mail Chimp are a plus.
- Understanding of effective user experience strategies.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Superior organization, project management skills, and hyper-meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; self-starter with excellent teamwork and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
- Ability to learn, contribute, and thrive in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with a hands-on approach towards business.