Social Media Assistant
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena
No Longer Accepting Applications
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
We’ve got a pretty sweet brand, and we want someone to help make that brand as awesome online as it is in real life. We’re looking for someone with a finger on the pulse of both sports and pop culture, a good sense of how social platforms operate, a natural ability to relate to fans, and someone who is willing to do the work necessary to help the brand be great on social.
This position will be part-time, hourly and work roughly 20 to 30 hours per week, with the potential for more some weeks. The schedule will vary week-to-week, and it can and will include nights and weekends.
- Coordinate & execute posting (with direction from Digital Content Manager) for all Hawks and State Farm Arena social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Reddit, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn, Weibo, whatever the next big thing the kids will be into by the time this position is filled)
- Take specific direction from the Marketing Strategy Coordinator on what is posted and when
- Support Analytics by tagging posts as trained
- Implement research campaigns for the purposes of content planning
- Assist Social Media Manager with Hawks.com and StateFarmArena.com duties as necessary
- Respond to fans in a timely manner when appropriate (answer questions, engage/create two-way conversation, etc.)
- Forward social complaints, questions and leads to the appropriate team member in a timely manner
- Ensure Corporate Partners are incorporated into social posting schedule
- Attend Hawks Community Events to gather content as needed
- Attend State Farm Arena events (games, concerts, shows) and Skyhawks events to assist with live coverage for social platforms
- Stay current with best practices, strategies, industry standards and regulations related to social media
- Stay current with social media trends and topics
- Adhere to all internal social media guidelines
- Remain flexible and easy to work with
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Strong writing, grammar and communication skills with good attention to details
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Problem solver who can think quickly on their feet and deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate and post to social media on behalf of a brand is preferred
- Knowledge of basketball and pop culture preferred but not required
- Proficiency with Adobe CC products preferred
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, Journalism or related field
- Experience with consumer reaction, response and engagement on social platforms preferred
- Experience using Adobe CS (Photoshop, Premier, After Effects, Illustrator) preferred but not required.
- Experience shooting and editing photos and video preferred but not required.
- Experience with content management systems a plus
- Work non traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Only freelancers located in these US State need apply: AZ, MI, ND, KS, VA We are looking for freelancers who are knowledgeable in sports along with having experience...
1 day ago
Best Of Legacy
- Reside in Kansas, North Dakota, Michigan, Arizona and Virginia, Our 15 year old company produces high-end scrapbooks for pro athletes from all major sports. The...
1 day ago