Social Media Internship
Bowling Green Hot Rods
How to apply
The Bowling Green Hot Rods are entering their 13th season in South Central Kentucky. After a unique 2020 season, the Hot Rods look to continue to provide family fun entertainment in the South-Central Kentucky area. The Bowling Green Hot Rods partner with numerous local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. We are always looking to make an impact and a difference in our community. We aim to provide the best family fun entertainment you can find in South Central Kentucky all year long!
The Bowling Green Hot Rods are now seeking Creative Service Interns for the upcoming 2021 season. Specifically, we are looking for highly motivated and driven individuals to learn under our 2021 staff. Through an internship with the Hot Rods, you will gain valuable real-world experience working for a professional sports organization. You will also be elected to be a team player and fill different roles on occasion.
Internship Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist Director of Creative Services with scheduling and publishing daily content on all social media channels as well as creation and development of content to distribute each week across all social media platforms
- Assist in creating, developing, and executing social media campaigns
- Monitor and engage with fans across all social media platforms in real time
- Work events assisting with live social media coverage
- Develop content for Instagram stories and live game day tweets
- Track analytics for each social media channel
- Work with others in the Creative Services Department to create promotional materials
- Assist with the execution of community appearances involving players and/or mascots
- Assist with overseeing implementation and execution of the Jr. Mechanics Kid’s Club
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to professionally interact with and relate to fans
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment
- Strong organization and event management skills
- Strengths in writing and editing are a plus
- Experience with all major social media channels
- Experience with Photoshop and Social Media Analytics is a plus
- Ability to shoot video and have a knowledge of video editing software is a plus
- General knowledge of baseball
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends
- Attention to detail and creativity
- Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and within a team framework, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and achieve objectives.
Reports To: Director of Creative Services
Academic Requirements and Qualifications:
To apply for an internship with the Hot Rods, you must be a Junior or Senior in good academic standing at an accredited college or university. College credit towards major, minor, or general elective may be earned through this internship. The application deadline is January 31, 2021.
As an intern, you will be required to work both in office and all Hot Rods games and special events. The Hot Rods season begins in the spring and will run through the fall.
Start Date: Spring 2021
Compensation: Office hours will be non-paid and will count towards course credit. A minimum of 15 hours per week must be completed. Games and special events will be paid hourly and at a minimum wage of $7.25 an hour.
No phone calls please.