Summer 2021 Internship – Partnership Sales Internship
Hurricane Junior Golf Tour
How to apply
Position: Partnership Sales Intern
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Hours: M-F (9am-5pm)
Reports to: Manager, Partnership Sales
About the HJGT
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) was founded in 2007 with the intention of providing junior golfers between the ages of 8-18 an opportunity to play exceptional courses in a competitive environment. The tour’s vision is to provide superb hospitality and make every event a memorable one. With play open to both males and females, nearly every junior golfer is eligible to participate on the HJGT. Currently the HJGT is the largest junior golf tour in the world hosting more 2-day nationally ranked events than any other tour.
In 2017, the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour announced a partnership with Nexus, an international hospitality and entertainment company backed by financier Joe Lewis and Tavistock Group, golfing great Tiger Woods and musician and entertainer Justin Timberlake, which will further our collective goal of growing the game of golf, broadening the Tour’s reach across the U.S. and around the world.
Responsible for Academy Partnership research, outreach, and sales close. Will continue to prospect and find new academy partners and will reach out to them to determine if good fit.
- Researching Academies, Junior Programs, and Junior Instructors in assigned states.
- Calling these Junior Academies to speak with Directors, coaches, etc. You will speak to them about HJGT, gather information on their program, go over the HJGT academy partnership program, and try to set up a phone call with Academy Partnership Manager to close the sale. If they do not answer, you will leave a message and email them. Ultimate goal is to find out if good fit. If they are, get them over to the Academy Partnerships Manager.
- You will continue to follow up with academies and have calls scheduled constantly. Will work on an Eastern state in the morning and the Western states in afternoon. You will set up follow up calls, to continue to reach out to the academies. 50-75 calls should be made a day.
- When academies join on as partners, get them set up in the portal, get logo put on website, get info on where to send banner. Send our logo to them to get on their website.
- Responsible for growing the tour through increased membership and tournament registrations of the academy partners.
- Other duties as needed
- Pursuing a degree in Business/Sports Management/Marketing
- This is an unpaid internship, and you must receive at least one (1) credit for the onsite experience from an accredited College/University.