Graphic Design Internship
Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Learn video board software and manage during all Rafters home games
- Create images with sponsor logos to be shown on the video board throughout the game
- Assist Video Production and Digital Marketing interns in creating graphics for website, video production, and Rafters social media
- Assist the Video Production intern in producing video content for use on the video board
- Create Rafters team card set, team poster, and other special projects
- Create motion graphics/animations
- Ability to work long hours, including weekends, as business indicates
- Experience with Illustrator, Photo Shop, or compared software programs is preferred
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, very organized
- Succeed in a team environment
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are currently accepting applicants for their 2021 summer internship program. Founded in 2010, the Rafters are members of the Northwoods League, a summer collegiate league played in the Midwest and host 36 home games from the end of May through mid-August. Witter Field, the home of the Rafters, has also become a destination for non-baseball events, holding a total of 18 event dates in a Covid-19 shortened year. In 2020, the Rafters were capped at holding 650 fans per game across 25 home games. In total the Rafters attracted 20,000 plus fans with zero Covid-19 cases traced back to the ballpark. Each year the Rafters hire an intern staff of 13 across all departments. Touting a successful internship program, the Rafters have former interns in every aspect of the sports industry from pro-level sports to the university sector and everything in between.
All interns will receive a travel and housing stipend. There are educational and work components to this position. All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.