Cleveland Indians & Cincinnati Reds Spring Training – Groundskeeper I
Only a limited number of the most qualified applicants meeting the City's requirements will be invited for an interview. The examination process for this position will consist of a panel interview.
At the City of Goodyear, you will be a part of an organization that values its employees as its greatest asset. You will become part of a dedicated team of professionals that are committed to build and maintain a highly engaged workforce. You will be challenged to learn and grow in an environment that values employee development and career-building. You will thrive in a culture of innovation. We believe that successful employees are those that possess these six core values:
Adaptability - Integrity - Initiative - Empathy - Optimism – Innovation
If these six values rank high on your list of personal attributes and you want to be a contributing member of Goodyear, then don't wait -- APPLY TODAY!
- Maintains and repairs baseball fields including mound and home plate, skin work, bullpens, warning tracks and batting practice set-up and tear down.
- Maintains the turf by mowing, edging, fertilizing, applying pesticide and weed control, irrigating, verti-cutting, aerating, sod work, and over-seeding.
- Provides general clean-up of grounds and facilities including restrooms, dugouts, concourses, parking lots, irrigation pond and all open use areas.
- Maintains outside landscape of turf, trees, shrubs, gravel, irrigation, walk ways and parking lots.
- Assists with all non-baseball event set-up/break down and coordination.
- Formal Education/Knowledge: Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. Level of knowledge is equivalent to less than high school or equivalency.
- Experience: No experience required.
- Certifications and Other Requirements: Valid Driver's License
- Reading: Work requires the ability to read irrigation manuals, training guides, standard operating procedures and MSDS manuals.
- Math: Work requires the ability to perform general math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Writing: This position requires the ability to complete work orders and general correspondence.
- Managerial: Job has no responsibility for the direction or supervision of others but may provide advice/direction to an employee with less experience/skill or tenure.
- Policy/Decision Making: Moderate - The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. The immediate supervisor may, at times, provide close and constant review.
- Technical Skills: Limited Application - Work requires the use of standard technical skills appropriate to the work environment of the organization. Limited analysis and independent thinking is utilized.
- Interpersonal/Human Relations Skills: Moderate – Work requires regular interaction involving exchange and receipt of information. The purpose of interactions is primarily the sharing of information.