Food and Beverage Premium Hospitality Intern
How to apply
The Columbia Fireflies are a part of Hardball Capital which also owns the Chattanooga Lookouts and the Fort Wayne TinCaps.The Fireflies began play in the spring of 2016 at Segra Park (formerly Spirit Communications Park) in Columbia, South Carolina. The Fireflies are in class A.
Program Description: The Fireflies internship position(s) will be open to college students and recent college graduates. Interns will be required to work all home games and regular non-game day office hours. Members of the Internship Program will be exposed to all facets of a Minor League Baseball organization and will gain practical, in-depth experience from one of the positions listed below. Hardball Capital believes in hiring from within; many of our current full-time staff members began as interns with one of our clubs. All internships will be provided with a monthly stipend of $1,000. The Fireflies are targeting March 1 as intern start dates. This date is fluid and may change as more information becomes available. If hired, your direct boss will be in touch with all updates regarding start date. Those requiring hours for graduation will hit all requirements despite the potential later start date.
- Assist in all aspects of food and beverage operations for all baseball games and special events (non-baseball games) at Segra Park
- Assist the Premium Hospitality and Suites Manager in all aspects of day to day operations
- Assist in managing 16 Luxury Suites, Club Level seats and the Broad River Balcony for all Fireflies home games
- Help manage hospitality areas on the Concourse Level, including four Concourse Suites and Picnic Pavilion which may serve over 1000 people per night
- Assist in managing a staff of approximately 30 seasonal staff members
- Support the Director of Special Events in the set up and break down of events throughout the internship. This can range from a 15-person breakfast to a 400-person plated dinner
- Help maintain strong client relationships and ensure that event specifications are communicated and executed for a successful experience for the guests
- Collaborate with the Food and Beverage Manager in hiring, firing, directing, training, and supervising all direct subordinates in the performance of their duties
- Communicate effectively with guests, all levels of management and co-workers
- Help coordinate catering requests; answer questions and help assist clients in our hospitality areas while they entertain their clients and employees
- Oversee that each Suite is set up and clean before gates open each night
- Supervise Suite Attendants and serve as a liaison between catering kitchen staff and Suite Attendants
- Ensure all workstations, storerooms, bar, host stand, decks and dining areas remain clean, sanitized, safe and sufficiently stocked
- Assist in creating invoices for Suite catering orders and send to proper contact daily
- Help create schedules for gameday and special event staff
- Be knowledgeable and able to troubleshoot the point of sale system
- Create a gratuity spreadsheet for the bi- weekly payroll
- Maintain the proper care of equipment
- Verify all paperwork is complete and turned in at conclusion of event
- Ensure all COVID-19 guidelines are enforced
- Assist in mascot appearances throughout the Midlands
- Required to participate in stadium pre-season preparation/cleanup which may include weekends.
- Assist in stadium pre-game preparation (i.e. plaza set-up, box office ticket printing and preparation, souvenir store inventory and preparation, concessions preparation, etc.)
- Assist in putting the tarp on the field and taking it off (this will happen during the day, at night or early morning depending on the situation).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in team setting or individually (both will occur)
- Good Organizational Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
How To Apply
- This intern will be responsible for capturing content, organizing and distributing the content to necessary outlets. Applicants should be familiar with Microsoft Office a...
5 hours ago