Stadium Operations and Facilities Internship
How to apply
The Columbia Fireflies are a part of Hardball Capital which also owns the Chattanooga Lookouts and the Fort Wayne TinCaps. The Fireflies began play in the spring of 2016 at Segra Park (formerly Spirit Communications Park) in Columbia, South Carolina. The Fireflies are Class A.
Program Description: The Fireflies internship position(s) will be open to college students and recent college graduates. Interns will be required to work all home games and regular non-game day office hours. Members of the Internship Program will be exposed to all facets of a Minor League Baseball organization and will gain practical, in-depth experience from one of the positions listed below. Hardball Capital believes in hiring from within; many of our current full-time staff members began as interns with one of our clubs. All internships will be provided with a monthly stipend of $1,000. *The Stadium Operations Internship is scheduled to begin in early February and run through September of 2021.*
All internships will include:
- Answer phones & assist customers/fans that come to the office
- Assist in office organization
- Assist in community appearances; taking turns dressing as our mascot
- Assist in putting the tarp on the field and taking it off (this will happen during the day, at night or early morning depending on the situation)
- Assist and/or participate in game day and non-game day special events as assigned
- Contribute in preparation and execution of team marketing plan, execution of promotions both in-season and pre-season
- Distribute pocket schedules to local businesses
- Participate in stadium pre-season preparation/cleanup which may include weekends
- Assist in all aspects of the day to day facilities operations
- Assist in managing 100+ part-time staff within the Operations Department including Parking, Kids Zone, Ushers, and Janitorial
- Including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising part-time employees
- Assist in preventative maintenance of the ballpark
- Assist in daily maintenance of the ballpark including but not limited to pressure washing, leaf blowing, re-stocking janitorial supplies, cleaning restrooms and concourse, trash removal, etc.
- Maintain parking lots during the season; including daily signage and barricade placement, trash and debris removal, hazard inspections, etc.
- Maintain Kids Zone and mist zone during the season; including regular cleaning and upkeep of all inflatables, kiosks, etc.
- Possible cash handling of large sums of money
- Pregame set up and post game breakdown of the facility, including the Kids Zone inflatables, mist zone inflatable, ID stations, Will Call, and Guest Services.
- Assist with set up and breakdown, cleaning, and logistics of all Special Events at Segra Park
- Including but not limited to concerts, marathons, high school football games, weddings, conferences, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in team setting or individually (both will occur)
- Good time management skills
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be willing to work long hours in inclement weather conditions
- Present yourself in a professional manner
- Share a mutual respect to the athletes and coaching staff
- Work all Columbia Fireflies home games and other special events at Segra Park
- Other duties as assigned
How To Apply
El Paso Chihuahuas
- Entertain guests and fans during games, dancing, running, and engaging with guests as they watch games. Create a marketing presence at community events including f...
13 hours ago