Active Communities Coordinator
NWT Recreation and Parks Association
Reporting to the Director – Active Communities, the Active Communities Coordinator is responsible for leading the development and execution of: Generations on the Move; Working Together with Elders; June is Recreation and Parks Month; the Awards program; and aspects of Walk to Tuk, Elders in Motion, and ARC grants.
The Active Communities Coordinator will provide advice and support to the Director – Active Communities, and other staff members as required. The NWTRPA is a small territorial non-profit organization. The staff work collaboratively and provide assistance to other staff members as needed.
- Post-secondary education and/or experience in Communications and Marketing, Recreation/Leisure studies, Kinesiology, or a related discipline
- Experience managing and balancing a budget
- Experience establishing relationships, fostering trust, and strengthening existing connections and networks with stakeholders
- Experience in communications, recreation or on the land programming positions is an asset
- Experience working within a non-profit agency
- Training and certifications in the following areas: first aid