Catering Food & Beverage Supervisor (PT)
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena
Reports to: Manager of Catering Operations
The Catering Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all catering operations and ensuring quality, hospitality and customer service are always provided. Catering events may occur at different hours of the day and be executed in any area of the arena. The Catering Supervisor will support the Catering Manager with oversight of all events and assist catering team members with the event set-up, clean-up and execution. A primary function of this position is to serve as a team member liaison and support the development and implementation of new ideas, practices and policies throughout each operation. The Catering Supervisor will partner with all other F&B departments, especially, culinary to facilitate each unique event. Catering Supervisors work with their counter parts to help monitor and maintain the food quality, hold times and safety/sanitation standards of the department. The Catering Supervisor is required to oversee and ensure the proper service of alcohol. Supervisors are to assist with any other task requested by Food & Beverage Leadership Team. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon the catering and special event schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Oversee and ensure quality hospitality and customer service to our standards and to guest/host preference as outlined on all Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s)
- Oversee and ensure timely, complete and proper set-up of all catering events assigned
- Be visible and ready to assist team members and guests, as needed, throughout the event
- Expedite the communication of special food and beverage requests, additions, and/or guest-related issues to the appropriate entities
- Assist with ordering, requisitioning and inventory management of catering related materials
- Oversee and support the general organization and cleanliness of all catering storage areas
- Understand and ensure proper execution of responsible alcohol service
- Understand and ensure we maintain proper sanitation and food safety
- Ensure proper documentation at each event and at all bars (when needed) is completed, including but not limited to: temperature logs, wine and liquor inventory, consumption sheets, bar yields, spill logs, spoilage tracking, etc.
- Assist Catering Management Team in training of team members to ensure their success and the success of the department as a whole
- Assist with in-event coaching as it pertains to proper practices/procedures; communicate with management regarding these efforts following each shift
- Conduct/complete end of the night walk-throughs to ensure all inventory is secured and all spaces reflect proper sanitation and appearance standards
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests
- Have complete knowledge of all menu items and presentations
- Partner with the F&B and Dickies Arena Leadership to ensure a successful operation
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Dickies Arena Leadership Team
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- 1-2 years’ experience in a leadership role working in a fast-paced hospitality environment preferred, previous catering experience preferred
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, and Outlook)
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and proven customer service skills
- Exceptional organization and prioritization
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
How To Apply
- A Parking Lot Attendant is a part time, on call event employee who is responsible for the operations of the parking lot in an accurate and timely manner at all Macon Ce...
2 hours ago
- A Parking Lot Supervisor is a part time, on call per event employee who is responsible for the operations of the parking lot in an accurate and timely manner at all Mac...
2 hours ago
- The Event Staff is the primary contact with the guests attending events at the facility. Required to have knowledge of the building and its services to provide a safe a...
2 hours ago
- The Hockey Instructor will report directly to the Hockey Director and will be responsible for assisting in all areas of hockey programs and other events at the Centene ...
2 hours ago
- The Centene Community Ice Center is a 4-sheet ice complex, with three indoor and one outdoor NHL-sized rinks which will serve as a hub of youth and amateur sports activ...
3 hours ago