Food & Beverage Clubs Host
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena
Reports to: Manager of Suites, Loge Boxes and Clubs
The Clubs Host is responsible for the greeting and seating of guests in Clubs/Restaurants. Club hosts will utilize our reservation system to support table management and will help monitor the reservation line as needed. Hosts assists in monitoring staff, ensuring safety, sanitation and the responsible service of alcohol, while striving for an optimal experience for guests and staff within each club/ restaurant. Hosts will monitor the dining room floor each event and may be called upon to support the club team by clearing tables and/ or assisting guests with specific requests/needs. Club hosts report to the Club Manager/ Suites and Loge Box Management Team. This is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of Dickies Arena. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon the arena event schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Greet guests and patrons personally and/or on the telephone in a professional manner
- Maintain and ensure excellent customer service while greeting/seating guests
- Offer appropriate seating arrangements
- Present menus, introduce servers and welcome guests to the restaurant
- Ensure the quantity of menus is sufficient to cater to the number of guests anticipated each event
- Ensure menu appearance is presentable for guests
- Responsible for communication between counter parts of the department
- Assist with the set-up of the dining room in accordance with event and reservation requirements
- Always maintain the appearance and organization of the host stand
- Support dining room maintenance by clearing and assisting as needed throughout each event
- Understand and assist with execution of responsible alcohol service
- Understand and assist with execution of sanitation and food safety as it relates to the food and beverage industry
- Have complete knowledge of all menu items, production specifications, ingredients, cooking times and presentation
- Work with counter parts of operation to ensure event standards of service are reached
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed
- Support any other tasks as assigned by the Dickies Arena Leadership Team
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Ethical Conduct.
4. Problem Solving/Analysis.
5. Strategic Thinking.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- 1-2 years’ experience in a host/reservationist role working in an upscale restaurant/ hospitality environment preferred
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, and Outlook)
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and proven customer service skills
- Exceptional organization and prioritization
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures