Event Day Production Staff (Part Time)
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Tech Services Manager
Job Description Provide technical support to Dickies Arena, it’s guests and clients as a member of the Technical Services Department through operation and execution of show script. Employees will be asked to operate as a team in a variety of roles including, camera operators, directors, technical director, graphics operator, replay, playback, audio mixing, audio support, video engineer, led board operation, lighting control, utility and back up roles. This position will support events as needed in both set up and operations requiring some nights, weekends and holiday events
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. 1. Assist Technical Services Manager with issues related to Event Production and Broadcast equipment.2. Review show scripts and attend preshow meetings and rehearsals to ensure professional presentation of all content3. Communicate as a team using the tools and devises provided by Dickies Arena and notify management of any equipment failures or issues. Key Roles
Director – Execute the script presented by clients or partners and ensure the execution of the event as the coordinated point of contact for all Part-Time Event Day Staff. Lead staff through rehearsal, identify key roles and potential work flow issues.
Technical Director – Using the Ross Acuity Switcher provide a professionally presented board show, test animations, transitions and scene setup with director, work with video engineer to ensure multi-viewer layout and correct signal patching and routing.
Graphics – Using the Ross XPressions systems build lower thirds, score bug and on-screen keyed elements for use in the show, confirm location and call ID with Director and TD, operate system during live performance to ensure seamless and professional appearance.
Playback – Load video pre-produced video elements in the playback system for use during the performance, ability to make audio and video adjustments using adobe premiere confirm playout during rehearsal, fax audio with audio engineer and execute during the show.
Replay – Operate Replay system during event and build replay packages for immediate playback on director’s request. Build smaller packages for highlights to be used internally and melts to be shared with news. Manage full program records and archive footage.
Video Engineer – Work with Camera operators to fax cameras, assist technical director with router layout and multi-viewer. During show paint and shade cameras, when requested, assist Senior Broadcast Engineer with cable pathways, and broadcast truck connections.
Camera – Build out camera and fax with Video Engineer, ensure safe cable pathways and trip hazards with Building operations staff. Operate either Shoulder or Studio cameras in accordance with calls from Director and Technical Director.
Audio – Set up Yamaha QL1 and/or CL5 front of house boards with audio engineer, ensure routing of all signals and confirm clear and proper playout of pre-produced files and elements, during show ensure execution of cues and commands from the Director.
Audio Engineer – Assist Audio with set up of all audio setup, patching and routing needs, assist technical staff with use of clearcom and reidel communication systems. Assist Audio and Senior Broadcast Engineer with zoning and routing of Dante audio to main bowl, concourse or any auxiliary spaces.
Lighting – Ensure proper functionality of Musco House Light systems, PlanLED Broadcast light systems, and Clay Paky theatrical light systems. Build walk-in, show, intermission, and special light scenes in accordance to notes and cues from Director and show requests. During show operate all cues in accordance to cues from Director.
LED – Load content into the ANC vSoft system and ensure proper playout of all files, ability to make edits to content using Adobe After Affects when necessary. Confirm scripting of elements for playback using the ANC vSoft and Ross Dashboard control systems. During show execute prebuilt cues on director’s call.
Utility – Assist all technical services staff with set-up and execution of event, operate Cisco Vision software for control of concourse, office and suite TVs, assist Senior Broadcast Engineer with broadcast truck patching, cable pathways and trouble shooting. Assist Content Engineer with loading and executing Cisco Vision content, and LED board Content, respond to radio calls and requests for guest service needs as they relate to the Technical Services Department.
- Understanding of Broadcast Signal flow and Pathways including HD/SDI SMPTE, Triax, XLR, Dante Audio, Network Cable terminations and Single Mode Fiber.
- Ability to Work Nights Weekends and Holidays as Event Schedule necessitates.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and technical drawings as well understanding and documenting changes to drawings and system layouts.
- Maintain a professional appearance and Superior Customer Service.
- Effectively communicate with Arena Staff and Personal via oral, written or computer documented notes.
- Prior certification and training, or wiliness to become certified in safe operations of heavy machines and complex tools.
- Ability to handle complex problems in high stress situations, as well ability to handle loud noises, dark rooms, bright spaces, and extreme heights.
- Ability to work with computer equipment in a highly technical fashion, understanding of basic networking principles and guidelines and wiliness to continue cross training and understanding of other key arena systems.
- Successful and Professional work alongside all other Part-Time Event Day Technical Services staff assigned to the department performing variety of duties from camera operation, broadcast operation, audio engineering, lighting control, video display control and event support.
How To Apply
- A Parking Lot Attendant is a part time, on call event employee who is responsible for the operations of the parking lot in an accurate and timely manner at all Macon Ce...
2 hours ago
- A Parking Lot Supervisor is a part time, on call per event employee who is responsible for the operations of the parking lot in an accurate and timely manner at all Mac...
2 hours ago
- The Event Staff is the primary contact with the guests attending events at the facility. Required to have knowledge of the building and its services to provide a safe a...
2 hours ago
- The Hockey Instructor will report directly to the Hockey Director and will be responsible for assisting in all areas of hockey programs and other events at the Centene ...
2 hours ago
- The Centene Community Ice Center is a 4-sheet ice complex, with three indoor and one outdoor NHL-sized rinks which will serve as a hub of youth and amateur sports activ...
3 hours ago