Security Officer (Full-Time)
How to apply
The Security Officer is responsible for the incident reporting and general security operations directly associated with protecting the facility, its patrons, employees and interest of the organization. This includes the protection of all ballpark infrastructure and assets. Security officer personnel will complete required training, work varying schedules, investigate incidents, complete reports, administer employee and guest screenings, and patrol the facility. This includes being proficient in operating security systems, including two-way radios, CCTVs, and screening systems.
- Patrols the Ballpark facility as directed to prevent or minimize property loss, property damage, personal injury, or situations having a negative impact on the organization.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance through issuance of visitor’s badge or check of credentials of employees, guests and others to ensure the safety and security of the facility.
- Unlocks and secures doors before and after events as directed.
- Moves barricades to secure/open specific areas in and around the ballpark as needed.
- Operates security vehicles including golf carts and T-3s for patrol and response to calls/incidents.
- Conducts proper investigations and inquiries into all incidents, accidents, security issues, and situations impacting the facility, employees, partners and guests to include but not limited to damages, losses, safety matters, or injury. Provides detailed reports to the Assistant Director of Security.
- Ensures an understanding and compliance with all guidance, instruction, policies and procedures of the organization and the proper execution of assigned duties.
- Completes on going, in-service training for all security personnel, maintaining all certifications and required training as specified.
- Ensures all shift related issues, observations, and critical information is documented, verified, and accurately reported to the appropriate decision maker in a timely fashion.
- Operates detecting devices to screen individuals or packages to prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Responsible for monitoring security systems, work communications equipment, and reporting issues with the facility systems during assigned shifts.
- Ensure completion of the Covid-19 screening questionnaire.
- Checks employee & guest temperatures using a non-contact infrared thermometer.
- Completes all duties as otherwise assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must show good judgment and common sense
- Follows directions and directives from supervisors
- Follows the organization’s policy and guidelines.
- Professional appearance, positive attitude
- Ability to function well during a critical or emergency incident.
- Able to work weekends and holidays
- Fluently bilingual English / Spanish preferred
- Excess walking of up to four (4) hours per day
- Ability to perform CPR and other first aid procedures
- Ability to lift and move barricades
- Possess a current Florida Driver’s License
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Law Enforcement, Criminology or a related field preferred.
- Candidate should have a background in corporate security, loss prevention, military or law enforcement and operating within a diverse workforce at major public venues.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the military, security, law enforcement or a related field.
How To Apply
New York Jets in Florham Park
- Partner with the Corporate Partnerships department to drive analytical insights, evaluating and identifying areas of opportunity and action to enhance bottom line res...
1 day ago