Parking Valet Attendant
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena
How to apply
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Department : PARKING
Reports to : Assistant Parking Services Manager
This position performs valet parking services to safely and efficiently move guests’ vehicles to a designated parking location causing no damage to the vehicles while following departmental policies, rules, and procedures. Works under direct supervision of the Parking Supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Issues parking stubs, or places numbered tags in vehicle or on vehicle’s windshields, provides guests with tags for locating parked vehicles. Drives vehicles to designated valet parking locations, parks, secures and notes the space of the vehicle, logs, returns the tag and keys to the valet key podium/booth.
- Alerts security staff and/or supervisor of any potential hazardous situations.
- Inspects vehicles to detect any damage alerting the supervisor and guests of any and all damages to the vehicle as well as any other relevant information.
- Greets all guests, opens the vehicle doors (explains valet procedures and hours of operation), tag keys, and, answers any questions a guest may have of about the destination or directions.
- Operates many different kinds and sizes of vehicles with both standard and manual transmissions.
- Takes numbered tags from guests and locates vehicles. Upon retrieval/delivery of a vehicle or before providing guests with instructions for locating vehicles, secures vehicle until confirmation of payment for service.
- Places appropriate signage in areas for valet service and retrieves the signs for storage, performs access control duties.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and professional work and parking area, ensures that the space usage is maximized.
- Directs guests to parking areas or parking spaces, provides other general directions to motorists/guests.
- Lifts, positions, and removes barricades to open or close parking areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment.
- Possession of a valid State of Texas driver’s license with no license suspension or revocation within the prior five (5) years (60 months) at time of appointment, the class of the license depending on the type of the vehicle(s) to be operated.
- Knowledge of safe driving procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and
- strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Ability to perform general physical activities required by the job, which include but are not limited to, the following: lifting, reaching, climbing stairs and ladders, carrying heavy loads, normal hearing, sight, and speaking abilities, hand-eye coordination, grasping, bending, writing, walk.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points.
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information, ideas, rules, and procedures in
- speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Equipment Selection – The ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.