Food & Beverage Supervisor | Gateway Center
Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the direction of all catered & concessions events, in tandem with the Food & Beverage Manager, in accordance with Spectra’s policies and objectives to ensure guest satisfaction, profitability, and a positive, productive, and compliant work environment. This position is responsible for assisting the Food & Beverage Manager with the overall event operation, including cost controls and staff management. The Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for the effective management and operation of the set up, service and bartending teams, including event planning support, scheduling, banquet event order execution, cost controls, compliance with food safety and sanitation policies, and employee safety, training and supervision, and any other tasks assigned by the GM or Food & Beverage Manager.
The Food & Beverage Supervisor will provide oversight and resolution responsibility for employee performance issues. The Food & Beverage Supervisor must provide a high level of event oversight and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running of any assigned event.
The Food & Beverage Supervisor will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting company quality standards. The Food & Beverage Supervisor will provide oversight and resolution responsibility for employee performance issues, in conjunction and consultation with the Food & Beverage Manager and GM.
This is a key position for the effective and profitable operation of the business. The Food & Beverage Supervisor must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which to evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills and self-direction required.
- Overall Management of Catering and Concessions Food and Beverage operations including: interviewing, hiring, scheduling, ordering, inventory, labor costs and equipment maintenance.
- Ensure legal, efficient, professional and profitable operation of the venue.
- Generate and review financial reports, including budgets, projections, forecasting, revenue analysis, disbursements, capital investments, labor and product costs, wage and salary control, P&L financial statements.
- Generate and review stand sheets and supporting pre- and post-event documents for all cash-and-carry outlets (including concessions stands and bars).
- Conflict resolution; last-resort mediation; arbitration and labor negotiations, when applicable.
- Responsible for overseeing the serving of meals to guests or directing guests to the buffet line.
- Responsible for overseeing serving beverages to guests including alcoholic beverages. Must check guest’s ID to verify minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- Responsible for observing guests to respond to any additional requests and determine when the meal has been completed.
- Responsible for executing all directives stated in all Banquet Event Orders.
- Responsible for completion and updating of administrative paperwork associated with events, i.e. diagrams, timelines and side-work assignments.
- Responsible for ensuring tableware and linens replaced as necessary.
- Be able to identify ingredients or explains how various items on the menu are prepared.
- Assists in setting up banquet functions including linens, dishware, glassware and silverware.
- Responsible for observing guests to respond to any additional requests and determine needs before, during or after the served meal.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- Assures that the location equipment is operable and clean prior to start of event.
- Responsible for recognizing guests that are visibly intoxicated and taking action to cut off alcohol to such individuals.
- Assists in leading F&B team with projects including training, inventory and special events.
- Assists in leading Concessions Department in supervising outlets when business demands.
- Enforces all Spectra Food Services & Hospitality policies and procedures.
- Practices excellent Human Resources skills regarding employee relations, corrective action, coaching and counseling employees and completes all necessary HR related paperwork.
- All other duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Manager and General Manager.
- Capable of operating in Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Working knowledge of employee scheduling in a hospitality environment.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate and alcohol service permit as required by state or federal regulations.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
How To Apply
- This intern will be responsible for capturing content, organizing and distributing the content to necessary outlets. Applicants should be familiar with Microsoft Office a...
1 hour ago