Scout/Field Manager – Part Time/Seasonal
Perfect Game Midwest
No Longer Accepting Applications
- The primary responsibility of the position is to score/complete each game using our DiamondKast software. This includes scoring every play of the game and getting every substitution change and pitch recorded. This also includes taking ample scouting notes on the players and recording each pitch type and velocity. These tasks are completed using the DiamondKast application on a provided iPad.
- The other main responsibility of this position is to make sure everything runs smoothly at the field to which you are assigned. In most cases, the scout/field manager will be the only person present from Perfect Game. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, confirming the field is ready for play (most fields will have a grounds crew present to prep the field), confirm umpires are on the property prior to games and on field prior to the start time, confirm both teams are present and ready to start play at the official start time, and to make sure all games start on time.
- All scout/field managers are to present themselves in a professional manner with teams, parents, players, scouts, college coaches, umpires, field crews, etc. You are representing Perfect Game at these events and there will be no exceptions.
- Friendly, outgoing and personable
- Knowledge of baseball/softball
- Reliable and punctual: arrive at the ballpark no later than one hour prior to the first game scheduled start time
- Dress properly – wear your DiamondKast shirt, no sandals, backwards hats or cutoffs
- Act respectful and professionally
- Ability to withstand the outdoor elements for spring, summer and fall; including rain or extreme heat
- Ability to work weekends
- Must complete a successful background check
El Paso Chihuahuas
- Entertain guests and fans during games, dancing, running, and engaging with guests as they watch games. Create a marketing presence at community events including f...
15 hours ago