Retail Operations Intern
Seasonal / Part-time
Hourly Rate: $10 / hr
- Assist with merchandise design, purchasing, pricing and inventory for two professional sports teams.
- Assist in maintaining inventory and ensure items are in stock and labeled correctly
- Assist with communicating to licensed suppliers and adequately order inventory to keep the store and satellite locations properly stocked with fast-moving product
- Staying current with the latest retail trends and incorporating ideas into the product mix
- Rotating inventory from event to event to optimize sales opportunities
- Manage and fulfill e-commerce sales timely and efficiently
- Work with marketing department on identifying and scheduling promotions and flash sales to optimize e-commerce opportunities and drive revenue
- Keep retail locations and surrounding spaces clean, sanitized and safe
- Assist in hiring, training and motivating game-day staff
- Assist in assuring proper execution of product set-up and visual merchandising strategies
- Assist in managing internal product and special order strategies corporately as needed.
- Assist with daily ticket sales and will call for normal box office M-F operations
- Flexibility to work weekends, nights and holidays; participating in covering of field as necessary
- Assist with setting up and fulfillment of special events, and other stadium operation functions
- Assist with tarp pulls and other turf management projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum of 1 year in retail management and inventory management experience
- Experience in RetailPro preferred
- Ticketing experience a plus
- Professional experience in a high-volume retail operation
- Demonstrated knowledge of practices and principles of retail sales/management and accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Required to work long hours standing.
- Required to work in various weather conditions including cold, rain, heat, etc.
- Use of computer, sitting, standing, reaching with arms and hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, lifting of items up to 35lbs, pushing, pulling, kneeling, and/or crouching.
How To Apply
- The banquet server provides ultimate hospitality for guests at events through service of meals, attending to buffet lines, and working in concession stands. Responsibi...
5 hours ago
- The Cook is responsible for preparing menu items utilizing cooking equipment in a fast-paced environment. The Cook must adhere to high food quality standards to ensure ...
5 hours ago
- The Bartender is responsible for the service of all beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. They must be personable, professional and able to work in an ever chang...
5 hours ago
- The Dishwasher washes and sanitizes all tableware, serving materials, cooking equipment and small wares. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be availabl...
5 hours ago
Long Island Ducks Baseball
- The Four-Time Atlantic League champion Long Island Ducks (Central Islip, NY), a member of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, are pleased to continue offering q...
4 hours ago