Community Relations & Fan Engagement Internship
How to apply
The Normal CornBelters Baseball Team, a member of the Prospect League, are seeking Community Relations & Fan Engagement Interns for the 2021 season. Positions are available starting in January and may continue through the 2021 season.
2021 Internship Roles
- Community Relations: Assist with the planning and execution of community programs and events (including set-up and tear-down of display booths), hand out promotional materials, data collection, and mascot appearances.
- Street Team: Promote the CornBelters by distributing marketing materials.
- Fun Crew: (Game Days) Engage fans during games through t-shirt tosses, the kids corner activity area, and on-field promotions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the planning and execution of team and community events while serving as a representative of the CornBelters.
- Participate as a team member through meetings and offer support to other team members to maximize customer service, retention efforts, and sales performance.
- Interact with other CornBelters departments to provide a cooperative, client-oriented focus for all fan engagement and ticket sales related operations.
- Identify sales opportunities through networking and outreach within the local market.
- Distribute team marketing and sales materials.
- Prepare accurate weekly reports and analysis for executive team management; be able to communicate details about upcoming events and opportunities within the community. Perform game/event requirements and other projects as requested.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-starter who is motivated to build new programs and exceed expectations.
- Superior customer service skills that showcase a positive and enthusiastic approach to customers so as to convey a positive image and respond to clients in a timely manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Night and weekend work required, including working special events.
- This is an unpaid position. Internships are eligible for college credit, as well as future placement in part-time and full-time positions with the CornBelters.