2021 Orange Ambassadors (College Student Internship Program)
The Bowie Baysox are looking for outgoing, dedicated, and creative current college students to become part of the Baysox Orange Ambassadors (Student Internship Program) for the upcoming 2021 Bowie Baysox Baseball season. This opportunity is for students who are looking to pursue a career in the sports industry. Students selected for this opportunity will gain valuable experience working in the front office of a professional sports organization while learning and participating in marketing, sales, operations, public/media relations, ticketing, community relations, sponsorships and more. This ambassador program is designed for students that need to obtain college credit as part of their coursework requirements.
- Ticketing/Group Events: Learning Box Office skills through hands on ticket processing using the Baysox ticketing system; Assisting the Director of Ticket Operations and Group Sales Department in research, set-up and execution of both Baysox and non-baseball group events in stadium under the direction of the Director of Ticket Operations; facilitating the sales and execution of create-a-group events during the course of the season and other duties as assigned.
- Marketing/Promotions/Community Outreach/Game Entertainment: Assisting the Marketing Department staff in many aspects of game presentation including, but not limited to: Facilitating pre-game ceremonies including performances, ceremonial first pitches, color guards, Field of Dreams Program and National Anthem performance groups. Assisting with the on-field/in-stadium game presentation and may operate one live video camera during the course of game presentation and non-baseball events. Assisting the Marketing department with player and mascot appearances, Fan Donation Requests, in-season Kids Club Events and helping build the Kids Club enrollment during the course of the season through various marketing initiatives. Assisting in execution of various school/education based programs across the state of Maryland and DC plus other duties as assigned.
- Public Relations/Media Relations/Baseball Information Operations: Assisting Communications department by providing content for BayWatch Game Day Program and Press Releases for in-season events; help to design graphics and fliers for in-season events and promotions; updating rosters and statistics.
- Sponsorship: Helping facilitate current sponsorship partners through execution of marketing programs in and out of stadium; working with the Director of Sponsorships and serve as concierge to sponsors present on game days; research new sponsorship inventory items and potential sponsor leads; conceiving and pitching sponsor-driven character promotions; assist Director of Sponsorships with specific events for customer creation; assist in editing and production of in-season and end-of-season Proofs of Performance plus other duties as assigned.
- Be a current undergraduate or graduate student seeking credit hours for graduation requirements.
- Commit to work a minimum of 400 hours over the course of the internship period (May-August 2021: Start and end dates can possibly be customized)
- Be committed to the betterment of the Bowie Baysox through your individual efforts and teamwork.