2021 Spanish Bilingual Baseball Communications Internship (Seasonal)
Amarillo Sod Poodles
How to apply
The Amarillo Sod Poodles Seasonal Communications Internship is designed to teach the operation of a Minor League Baseball Communications department through an immediate hands-on approach. This intern works closely with the Director of Public Relations and Baseball Operations in all areas and upon completion of the program will possess the skills to successfully organize and operate in a Minor League Baseball Team’s Communications department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
Below is a list of various operational responsibilities the intern can expect in the pre-season but is not limited to the following:
- Compiling up-to-date media contact lists and familiarizing with local media outlets.
- Soliciting and fulfilling all media credential requests.
- Writing stories for the game program and website.
- Preparing baseball card backs for potential 2021 players.
- Assisting with the editing and organization of media guide and other print materials.
- Training on GameDay software and becoming proficient with it.
- Become familiar with stats website and game notes.
- Become proficient in preparing stat packs.
Below are some of the responsibilities (but not limited to) the Communications intern will have during the season.
- Assist with Spanish media and assisting in the translation of player interviews/requests.
- Act as primary operator for the GameDay software.
- Produce or assist with daily stat packs, game notes, and lineups.
- Write and maintain 2021 bios for every player.
- Cleaning and maintaining a professional atmosphere in the press box.
- Stocking the drink cooler in the press box and organizing press box meals.
- Assisting other team members in production and marketing with specialty tasks.
- Expert knowledge of scoring and the game of baseball.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (speaking and writing).
- Demonstrate strong sports writing skills with versatility between different platforms.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe InDesign).
- Possess strong character, be reliable and trustworthy.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and maintain high quality of work in a professional setting.
- Applicant should be outgoing, hard-working, organized and a team player.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/PR/Journalism or equivalent
- At least one year of sports communications experience
How To Apply
Northern Ohio PGA Section
- Execute pre-tournament responsibilities, such as golf course marking, tee and hole location selection, equipment set-up and developing operational plans Administer...
8 hours ago
Northern Ohio PGA Section
- Execute pre-tournament responsibilities, such as tournament infrastructure and course marking and set-up Administer on-site responsibilities, such as player regist...
9 hours ago