How to apply
- Fundraising Management --> Supporting the President & CEO in achieving fundraising goals across Abilities Centre’s fundraising portfolio (including major gifts and sponsorships, annual giving, special events, etc.).
- Fundraising Activities
- Stewardship --> Leading the strategic development and delivery of the stewardship function at Abilities Centre, to ensure that donors are thanked and recognized in a timely, consistent and appropriate fashion.
- Post-secondary related degree preferred with 5 years of experience in fundraising and philanthropy operations and donor services at a registered charity; demonstrating progressive management experience is an asset
- CFRE designation achieved or in progress considered an asset
- Track record of success in developing and executing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies, and ultimately, securing funds
- Demonstrated proposal-writing experience and success in soliciting funding from government granting agencies, corporate community relations offices, and private foundations
- Proven ability in coordinating and executing special events and fundraisers, in addition to sponsorship acquisition, ticket sales and other related event-based revenue generation strategies.
- Strong communication (oral and written), presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively and meet competing deadlines for internal and external partners through a customer-centric approach including attention and focus on detail, high organizational standards and quality work
- Demonstrated experience developing and building partnerships with community organizations and other relevant stakeholders
- The candidate should have computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, and preference will be given to candidates with database management skills
- Effective team player with positive attitude, whose interactions demonstrate accountability, authenticity, and collaboration
- Results-oriented, demonstrating great initiative, and contributes to a work environment that values and encourages innovation