Operations Director (Internship)
Basketball Coaches of Canada
No Longer Accepting Applications
Basketball Coaches of Canada will be launching in early 2021. With an amazing group of leaders and advisors, we have the expertise and network to execute our mandate in an impactful and sustainable manner. The Operations Director will leverage a well-rounded business skill-set to develop short-term launch plans, and long-term strategic plans for Basketball Coaches of Canada.
A transformative opportunity for aspiring sports executives, the ideal candidate will have an appreciation of sport for development, while also possessing a strong business sense and outstanding emotional intelligence/soft-skills. As a true grassroots organization, we require an individual that can lead at both the management and ground level. You embrace challenges, making hard decisions, and have the ability to translate strategic plans into quarterly, weekly and daily priorities. The opportunity to run a basketball initiative at the exec level is what you would consider being a chance of a lifetime.
- Experience in management settings that provide exposure across the full range of organizational functions including financial management, marketing, HR, business ops.; an understanding of these functions in a sports context is a plus
- A proven executor that has led the successful expansion or scaling of an organization or project from a programmatic, financial, operational and/or geographic standpoint
- Truly passionate about basketball and the opportunity to create an impact through the sport
- Experience in program design, research as well as measurement and evaluation strategies
- An insatiable curiosity and willingness to learn anchored in constant pursuit of personal development
- Collaborative and innovative consensus builder that solicits 360-degree feedback and can inspire and influence staff, participants, donors, partners and other stakeholders
- A positive ambassador with strong communication skills and genuine kindness, thoughtfulness and a sense that the glass is always at least half full
- Highly accountable and well organized with an ability to oversee a team of staff and prioritize multiple projects effectively