Director of Business Development
How to apply
- Work with the management team to implement the goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of all corporate sales, ticket/group events programs and activities.
- Achieve personal & departmental corporate partnership and ticket/groups revenue goals and budgets.
- Prospect, sell, activate and maintain corporate sponsorships, advertising, premium seating and group partnerships for the venue and special events.
- Regularly call on clients and make sales presentations away from the primary place of business
- Design sales proposals and presentations for potential corporate partners.
- Identify key open categories and new categories as prospective new business leads
- Grow existing corporate sponsorship and media partnerships through continued outstanding service and up selling of additional sponsorship assets into current partnership agreement.
- Track prospecting, sales and inventory, and manage sales reports.
- Prepare advertising, sponsorship and premium seating contracts and addenda; identify issues with contract language; address issues with and make recommendations for resolution; negotiate corporate sales pricing and other rates as required.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of all aspects of contractual obligations including tickets, signage and other branding and promotions for clients
- Meet with corporate partners and outside agencies to get all branding created and placed in a timely manner.
- Develop new opportunities and grow Latin/Hispanic fan base
- Oversee the service of corporate partnerships through various means including direct contact, reports, partner gatherings, and client entertainment events.
- Up selling of additional sponsorship assets into current partnership agreement.
- Attend networking events, conferences, meetings and other promotional opportunities
- Participate in all game day and event duties
- Assist with team marketing events, promotions and community activities
- Manage special projects as assigned by the General Manager & Assistant General Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in sports sponsorship/arena sales.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in sales, business administration, sport management, hospitality management, or other related field. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Proven track record of generating new business and retaining clients.
- Excellent network of local and regional corporate contacts.
- Strong conceptual and strategic skills, and ability to think “outside the box,” and strong customer satisfaction orientation.
- Possess the ability to establish relationships within all levels of the company as well as with sponsors and clients.
- Ability to meet challenging sales objectives in a high profile, competitive marketplace.
- Comfortable managing tight deadlines and meeting aggressive sales goals and expectations.
- Demonstrate creativity in the development of innovative and effective sales campaigns.
- Strong sales proposal experience and presentation experience.
- Ability to spend time on the road conducting sales pitches to new prospective clients.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays is required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential for interactions with clients, operational leaders and other senior executives.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to speak, write, converse and translate in Spanish (not required but is a plus).
How To Apply
Perfect Game USA
- Perfect Game Incorporated is seeking Tournament Management Interns for our summer season! Perfect Game first opened for business over 20 years ago. Since then, Perfec...
10 hours ago