Chief Brand & Commercial Officer
True North Sports + Entertainment
How to apply
Advance True North’s Organizational/Integrated Commercial Strategy
- Consolidating input from the commercial leadership team, consumer insights/expectations, industry trends and the broader vision and mission of True North, advance True North’s integrated commercial strategy that maximizes organization-wide direct and indirect revenues, while ensuring consumer experience meets or exceeds expectations.
- Bring the commercial strategy to life through the development of operating plans, communication, measurement and contributing to the culture and behaviors of True North’s family of employees who shape the brand of True North and its teams/venues.
- Provide direct leadership (coaching, support, direction) to an experienced and successful commercial leadership team responsible for: ticket sales & service, premium services, corporate partnerships, marketing & creative services, communications & content, regional and national broadcast, digital, and other ancillary revenue opportunities.
- Leverage the strengths of and provide relevant feedback to True North’s finance, business intelligence,
- guest experience, and events/venues teams, to grow and maximize True North’s commercial activities.
- Actively participate at True North’s leadership table, guiding the development and execution of True North’s vision, mission, strategy, and goals.
- Actively participate in multi-year scaling/pricing of ticket inventory, premium sales offerings, corporate partnerships opportunities, and broadcast properties.
- Take an active role in identifying and developing relationships with existing and potential business partners, sponsors, broadcasters, and customers.
- Work with the Marketing/Creative, and Communications/Content teams to support the aforementioned commercial scope, to further build True North’s brands, and to assist in the growing fan bases.
- Maintain and demonstrate a clear focus on return on investment in all commercial deals.
- Be aware of and provide direction on new technologies and trends, exploring and pursuing evolving revenue opportunities.
Accountability and Governance
- Be aware of and ensure compliance with rules/standards/procedures required by statute, the NHL/AHL, and agreements entered into with business partners.
- Advise the President/COO and/or Board of Directors of all material developments within the commercial area warranting immediate consideration.
- In conjunction with True North’s CFO, ensure preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for each commercial department.
- Together with the Commercial Leadership Team, set respective team objectives/timelines and ensure reporting systems in place to allow for timely measurement of both lead and lag measures – and in turn providing guidance, motivation, feedback and support as required.
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in business or sports marketing/management.
- A broad experience base and career progression that demonstrates the ability to lead and integrate a talented, experienced and successful team of leaders.
- A unicorn set of characteristics that include being:
- A strategic thinker with the ability to align initiatives, systems and resources in support of True North’s mission, vision, strategic plan and goals – in an evolving sports and entertainment industry, and within the regional, national and international context that True North operates.
- A superior communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills, interacting with colleagues and customers alike.
- An innovator, comfortable with current and new technologies.
- A multitasker, capable of managing/leading multiple and competing demands.
- Driven by operating results, growing/maximizing earnings and providing a superior experience for True North guests, fans and stakeholders.
- A demeanor and disposition that embraces the demands and rigors of a career in the sports and entertainment industry.
How To Apply
Canadian Tire Corporation
- Reporting to the Associate Vice-President Marketing, the Brand and Content Manager will be required to play a key role in developing and implementing communication campai...
3 days ago
- Reporting to the Manager, Sport Development, the Student Engagement & Aquatics Guest Experience Agent oversees the day-to-day operations of the student engagement pr...
3 days ago
Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
- Working with the Sr. Communications Coordinator and Member Services Manager, the position is primarily administrative in nature and will provide support to the following ...
3 days ago