Baseball Communications Assistant
Status: Full Time
Reports To: Baseball Communications Coordinator
Effective: March 2021
The Indianapolis Indians seek a candidate to assist its communications staff in the team’s daily media operations, with an emphasis on baseball and clubhouse information. Those interested in a career in professional or collegiate athletics will gain experience and develop skills critical to beginning a career in sports communications. Applicants must have an intimate knowledge of baseball scoring and statistics and will be expected to operate both independently and in close conjunction with the communications staff for the duration of the Minor League Baseball season (April-September).
- Assist with assembly and distribution of daily stat packs, game notes, lineups, rosters and box scores.
- Operate in-game DAK statistical software for ballpark and television displays or operate in-game stringer statistical software.
- Update lineups and standings boards on concourse as needed.
- Develop relationships with clubhouse personnel to enhance cooperation and trust.
- Generate feature story ideas for print and digital media.
- Execute and track full-season and daily media credential requests.
- Write and distribute news releases, advisories and other materials for the Indians and Victory Field.
- Contribute written content for Indy Indians website, team’s social media channels and monthly game day program.
- Collaborate with Indians staff members to achieve marketing/communications goals for the organization.
- Produce road game coverage (game notes, recap and IndyStar box score) on dates coordinated with supervisor.
- Perform general public relations duties (i.e. media deliveries) as needed.
- Assist field operations with field maintenance - pulling tarp, clearing fireworks, etc.
- Pocket schedule distribution when scheduled by marketing department.
- Represent the Indians at various community outreach events.
- Box Office & front desk shifts in season, as assigned, on a rotating schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- A working knowledge of AP writing and editing style.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a stressful environment.
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on InDesign and Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of professional baseball rules and scoring.
- Ability to work up to 14 hours per day, up to 100 hours per week (in-season).
How To Apply
El Paso Chihuahuas
- Entertain guests and fans during games, dancing, running, and engaging with guests as they watch games. Create a marketing presence at community events including f...
14 hours ago