Status: Full Time
Reports To: Merchandise Manager
Effective: March 2021
The Indianapolis Indians seek a candidate to assist its merchandise staff in the team’s daily operations, with an emphasis on branded team apparel. Those interested in a career in professional or collegiate athletics will gain experience and develop skills critical to beginning a career in sports merchandising. Applicants must have experience in customer service and work closely with others in the merchandise department daily for the duration of the Minor League Baseball season (April-September).
- Co-manage the Hot Corner Gift Shop (open year-round), Big League Shop (open on game days) and center field walk-up stand and all game day employees in each location.
- Help train game day staff with techniques that promote excellent customer service skills.
- Assist with the ordering of new merchandise and visual display of merchandise in stores.
- Process Internet orders daily and maintain the online store in all operations.
- Receive and inspect all new merchandise.
- Assist in the preparation of all points-of-sale systems and maintain balanced drawers at opening and closing of shifts.
- Perform two inventory audits: one mid-season and one postseason.
- Organize products in storage rooms and maintain cleanliness of storage rooms.
- Help execute retail promotions, including Season Ticket Holder Pick-Up Party, National Hat Day, Jersey Auctions, etc.
- Maintain and restock of the Hot Corner Gift Shop, Big League Shop and center field kiosk daily.
- Represent department as liaison for outside events vendors like the IHSAA. Other events may or may not apply.
- Assist field operations with field maintenance - pulling tarp, clearing fireworks, etc.
- Pocket schedule distribution when scheduled by marketing department.
- Represent the Indians at various community outreach events.
- Box Office & front desk shifts in season, as assigned, on a rotating schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills and abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-pace and stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to lift and carry boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work up to 14 hours per day, up to 80 hours per week (in-season).
How To Apply
Northern Ohio PGA Section
- Execute pre-tournament responsibilities, such as golf course marking, tee and hole location selection, equipment set-up and developing operational plans Administer...
8 hours ago
Northern Ohio PGA Section
- Execute pre-tournament responsibilities, such as tournament infrastructure and course marking and set-up Administer on-site responsibilities, such as player regist...
9 hours ago