LA Galaxy, Assistant Athletic Trainer
How to apply
- Deliver towards the sports medicine program for the LA Galaxy including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation for athletes / players.
- Provide athletic training services for the team, including attendance at scheduled team practices and all home and away competitions
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for player / athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Assist in the development of the LA Galaxy and LA Galaxy II’s athletic training staff, including training and supervision of athletic training interns and stretcher crew.
- Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual player/ athlete need(s).
- Assist in the scheduling and coordination of athletic training staff for coverage of all team practices and competitions.
- Assist Director of Sports Medicine with recommendations and management of the development of the sports medical program budget. Maintain and update budget line items as necessary with paid invoices and expenses for player needs (doctor consultations, medical procedures, medical supply orders, treatment procedures, etc.).
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medical program.
- Record keeping and documentation of all sport science statistics, injury reports, rehabilitation programs and doctor recommendations. Manages player status reports to the MLS.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in Sports Science (Advanced Degree preferred)
- 5 years' professional experience
- Proactive, highly organized, and resourceful with great attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word Excel); and ability to learn required business systems
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made
- Must be able to anticipate and identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption; solutions-based mindset
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight timelines, and work effectively in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Ability to professionally handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management, staff, etc.
- Flexible schedule to allow commitment to all LA Galaxy home and away games, including some weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet game/event needs
- Certified AT (Athletic Trainer) by NATA (National Athletic Trainers’ Association)
- Certified by the State Athletic Training Licensure, and Familiarity with MLS, USL or NCAA governing rules.