Director, Brock Sports
No Longer Accepting Applications
Reporting to the Vice-Provost & Associate Vice-President, Students, the Director, Brock Sports is responsible for providing creative and innovative leadership and direction to the University’s Brock Sports division. The Director is responsible for developing and leading the strategic vision, community engagement and business development of Brock Sports, which includes the following departments; Brock Sports Athletics, Brock Sports Medicine and Brock Sports Performance.
Expertise is required in the areas of strategic planning, human resource management, financial management, policy development, and building strong and co-operative relationships with local partners, including organizations and community members. The Director will act as an ambassador in the recruitment of top-quality student-athletes with the goal of becoming one of the top university sports programs in the country.
- Completion of a University undergraduate degree in a related field (preferably Physical Education, Sport Management, Kinesiology, Business Administration, etc.)
- At least 10 years of previous and demonstrated leadership experience in athletics management (including finance, HR, risk, fundraising, strategic planning and operations), preferably in an education environment working with professional coaches
- 5 plus years of managerial, and supervisory experience
- An established reputation at the national level related to the field of sport
- Proven track record of collaborative leadership, talent development, long term planning and execution
- Demonstrated experience in revenue generation in sporting programs
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and financial management
- Demonstrated expertise in Human Resources management, including recruiting, leading, mentoring and motivating staff
- Advanced strategic planning skills and the ability to incorporate broad vision into short-term and long-term goals
- Knowledge of interuniversity sport, including understanding the value of sport in Canadian society, in University culture and for individuals
- Knowledge of OUA, U Sport policies and procedures
- Facility planning and management experience
- Expertise in fundraising activities and sponsorship solicitation
- Proven knowledge of revenue target successes in sports programming and sports medicine clinic
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven leadership and ability to create a cooperative work environment and develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- Highly developed professional judgment, tact, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Canadian Tire Corporation
- Reporting to the Associate Vice-President Marketing, the Brand and Content Manager will be required to play a key role in developing and implementing communication campai...
2 days ago
- Reporting to the Manager, Sport Development, the Student Engagement & Aquatics Guest Experience Agent oversees the day-to-day operations of the student engagement pr...
2 days ago
Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
- Working with the Sr. Communications Coordinator and Member Services Manager, the position is primarily administrative in nature and will provide support to the following ...
2 days ago