Program Leader, Women’s Basketball
University of Victoria
No Longer Accepting Applications
Reporting to the Director, Varsity Performance Sport, the Program Leader, Women’s Basketball is responsible for leading an outstanding high-performance basketball program focused on student-athlete recruitment, growth and development, community engagement, fundraising, and development of basketball both regionally and nationally. This position oversees all aspects of program operations and administration including budgeting, team travel, community partnerships and student-athlete development and support.
The Program Leader supervises a number of part-time and volunteer assistant coaches and team support staff and oversees a complement of 15-20 student-athletes each year. This position works closely with department staff on fundraising, alumni engagement, communications, marketing and all aspects of program administration and operations, as well as other units on campus such as Student Recruitment, Academic Advising, and Residence Services.
- Fully certified NCCP Level 3 (Level 4 or 5 preferred) Coach, or certified as a Canada Basketball Train to Compete Coach
- A satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Demonstrated commitment to meaningful outcomes in diversity, inclusion, equity and safe sport
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competencies and intercultural sensitivities
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the Canadian basketball environment, including the club system, Basketball BC, Canada