Event Security Officer
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena
How to apply
As an Event Security Officer, you will be the front line of protecting our guests, team members, and property. You will provide excellent customer service to all while maintaining the safety, security, and order of State Farm Arena. Every person must know that safety and security is vital, and you can ensure this by following our service culture of S.M.I.L.E – Southern Hospitality, Make a Moment, Individuals Matter, Listen & Learn, and Empowerment.
- Enforce and uphold the integrity of State Farm Arena by following policies and procedures as outlined in the Safety and Security Handbook
- Regulate and monitor credentials of everyone for specific access to sensitive and/or restricted locations throughout the arena.
- Provides excellent guest service to guest and employees by keeping a friendly and professional demeanor
- Respond quickly to potential crowd control issues, provide escorts for unruly fans when ejections are warranted.
- Screen patrons upon entrance via bag searching technique, hand wand metal detector, and ID verification scanner, ensuring no weapons or harmful items enter arena
- Keep interior and exterior of the venue clear and safe, cleaning spills and removing food, trash or other obstacles, before, during and after the shift
- Safeguard against theft and property damage
- Aid all positions and communicate effectively with others to enhance event experience for all
- Enforce House policy regarding photos/videos/recording devices
- Patrols and monitors all areas of the venue and identifies safety risks/violations, and able to resolve them.
- Assist with directional and informational inquiries
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations with tact and diplomacy
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Have a positive, approachable demeanor with excellent communication skills.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work late hours, weekends, long nights, and holidays. Must have availability to work 80% of scheduled events monthly
- Comfortable assisting with large crowds
- Ability to perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure
- Communicate clearly everyone verbally, using radios, hand signals and flashlights. Remain in constant contact throughout the shift with team members and leaders
- Ability to create effective incident/accident reports, both verbally and written when appropriate.
- Must have reliable transportation
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs. using proper lifting techniques
- Work outside in all elements. Most work is done inside arena but outside work may be required
- Maintain a post, which may not have a view of the event, for multiple hours
- Walk up and down stairs with or without accommodation