Wichita Wind Surge
How to apply
The Head Groundskeeper will be responsible for maintaining the playing surface and surrounding grounds at Riverfront Stadium for the Wichita Wind Surge. This position will report to the General Manager and work collaboratively with other members of the organization.
This is a full-time exempt position with competitive benefits and paid time off. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed for team and other community events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare skinned areas – mound, plate, bullpens, warning track - to regulation use.
- Maintain turf, including chemical applications, topdressing, mowing, aeration.
- Maintain irrigation systems, batting tunnels and all field equipment.
- Setup, breakdown and maintain batting practice equipment.
- Inspect and maintain all field safety equipment including pads, nets and screens.
- Convert/prepare field for other events, including concerts, soccer, football and hockey as necessary
- Hire, train and oversee grounds staff.
- Order field supplies as necessary.
- Coordinate with field managers and umpires on weather conditions.
- Collaborate with other members of team staff as and when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certificate or degree program in turf management preferred.
- 4+ years maintaining a professional baseball playing surface.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills a plus.
- Able to present a positive and professional image of the organization.
- Passionate about field maintenance.
- Able to work both individually and in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to push/pull/lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Proficient in working with Microsoft office suite.
- Successful completion of pre-employment comprehensive background check.
- Must be legally authorized or able to obtain authorization to work in the US.
How To Apply
New York Jets in Florham Park
- Partner with the Corporate Partnerships department to drive analytical insights, evaluating and identifying areas of opportunity and action to enhance bottom line res...
1 day ago