How to apply
Nashville Soccer Club has a Licensed Massage Therapist position available for our Major League Soccer Team in Nashville, Tennessee. This position will require daily interaction with the Sports Medicine & Performance Team including athletic trainers, physical therapists, team physicians, registered dieticians and strength & conditioning coaches.
Duties include but are not limited to assisting in care and prevention of athletic injuries, proper medical record keeping within the EMR system, and various administrative duties as assigned.
- Provide therapeutic sports massage and other manual soft tissue techniques for players on a daily basis as dictated by medical staff
- Serve as an extension of the medical team, assisting with other various forms of treatment and modalities (under the supervision of the Athletic Training staff)
- Assist the Medical and Performance departments with recovery strategies for players
- Assist with other responsibilities and duties within the Medical department
- Travel with the team to all pre-season training camps and games.
- Current certification through an accredited program of Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapist license (LMT) must be in the State of Tennessee
- 1-2 years of professional massage therapy experience in a sports setting, working with athletes and recovery
- Must have a diverse skillset in sports manual therapy techniques such as: deep tissue, trigger point, pin and stretch, cupping, IASTM, assisted stretching, kinesiology taping, and other flushing/recovery techniques
- Working knowledge of basic human anatomy and general orthopedic conditions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make decisions and create treatment plans in concert with medical staff.
- Must be physically able to give several treatments during a work day and be able to stay on your feet throughout massage/manual therapy appointments
- Must be physically strong and able to exert pressure through a variety of movements of the arms and hands when manipulating soft tissue
- Previous soccer experience
- Specialty certification in Sports Massage
- 3-5 years of experience working in a sport environment with collegiate or professional athletes
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Full body certified in Active Release Techniques or Functional Range Release
- Certified in Fascial Stretch Therapy techniques through the Stretch-to-Win Institute
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, kinesiology, biology, or some other health related field of study
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including: extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
How To Apply
Perfect Game USA
- Perfect Game Incorporated is seeking Tournament Management Interns for our summer season! Perfect Game first opened for business over 20 years ago. Since then, Perfec...
11 hours ago