Head Groundskeeper (Seasonal)
- Oversee the preparation of the playing field for baseball related and special event activity as well as facilitate the set up/breakdown of all necessary equipment for each, implementing a field maintenance regimen to ensure a safe and playable surface.
- Manage all field prep including, but not limited to, turf management, fertilization, and disease control, edging, mound and plate prep, warning track maintenance, and infield playing surface maintenance.
- Daily work includes mowing, watering, painting/striping, dragging, and assisting in setup and tear down of batting practice.
- Schedules and performs turf management practices such as aerating, topdressing, seeding, fertilizing, and maintenance or repairs on irrigation system.
- Monitor weather conditions and facilitate infield tarp to ensure playability and player safety.
- Perform post-game field and turf maintenance as necessary.
- Operate and maintain all equipment in a safe manner and keep in excellent working condition.
- Prepare and assist with field and facility winterization.
- Assist the Operations Department with stadium operation tasks that relate to the general upkeep, cleanliness, and maintenance of the ballpark including painting, power washing and cleaning.
- Effectively manage a budget as assigned by Management that will include, but will not be limited to, supplies, equipment and game day personnel’s wages.
- Hire, schedule, train, and manage an intern and part-time, game day field staff.
- Develop a relationship with home and visiting managers to coordinate pre-game batting practice and attend to any specific needs, if possible.
- Maintain a positive relationship with umpires.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Two-year degree or equivalent, preferably in Turfgrass Management
- Two years related experience in sports turf management, preferably with a professional baseball team.
- Strong Communication and Planning Skills
- Knowledge of turf grass management practices
- Experience managing a budget
- Ability to perform labor intensive tasks
- Staff management, and time management skills/experience
- Basic equipment troubleshooting skills
- Able to lift 75 lbs
- Able to work long hours, some weekends, and some holidays