This position will serve as a member of the technical staff and will be primarily based at the Mercy Health Training Center in Milford, Ohio with travel to and from West End Stadium in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. The Head of Soccer Analytics is part of the strategy team that supports the General Manager and reports to the Director of Scouting & Recruitment. He/she oversees all data analytics related to the game (first team and academy) and processes large quantities of soccer specific data to perform trend analysis, uncover patterns, and provide tangible conclusions. The Head of Soccer Analytics is capable to translate the need of the soccer department into actionable models and algorithms to come up with valuable insights coming from data analytics. He/she helps the club to implement data analytics into the day-to-day operations, ranging from pre-game and post-game reports to managing a database of players worldwide for the scouting department. It is an important task in this position to support the entire soccer department, inform and/or challenge critical soccer strategy and policy decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Aggregate and process data for analysis of the overall quality of the game
- Analyze both event and tracking data for macro-level trends
- Track and report key soccer data, demographics and trends across all levels of soccer
- Produce compelling, illustrative and user-friendly (concise, informative) reports from existing databases of future, current and former coaches and players
- Provide support to existing and on-going projects, including but not limited to, annual statistical reports, statistical analysis of playing rules proposals, etc.
- Provide support across the entire soccer department, including ad hoc requests from coaches, scouts and other sporting directors