CONTRACTOR – Men’s National Team Assistant Coach/Men’s U21 National Team
United States Field Hockey
Men’s National Team Assistant Coach:
- Support the Men’s National Team Head Coach in all aspects of the Men’s National Team program, including but not limited to:
- Creating and delivering a high-performance environment within and around the team
- Player and team psychological, tactical and technical development
- Player evaluation, recruitment and selection in compliance with USA Field Hockey and US Olympic Committee guidelines for athlete selection
- Player development planning, implementation and review
- Quarterly and annual team and player reviews
- Performance analysis of the team, players and opposition
- Work as part of a broader multi-disciplinary support team
- Provide practice, in-game and tournament support in the USA and overseas as and when required
- Develop and implement a High-Performance environment in which the U21 players develop and become aware of the demands and needs of playing at an international level.
- Introduction and development of hockey techniques, tactical training, competition, and other training (including principles of psychology, nutrition and other performance enhancement tools) aligned with The USA Way
- Assist the Men’s National Team Head Coach and the Senior Manager of Coaching and Performance with the evaluation and selection of the best players available to play on the US Men’s National U21 Team (in cooperation with other volunteer coaches in the national system) in compliance with USA Field Hockey and US Olympic Committee guidelines for athlete selection. The Senior Manager of Coaching and Performance shall make ultimate selection decisions.
- Work with the Junior High-Performance team to ensure effective integration of technical coaching and support services and communications across the Junior High-Performance Program.
- Monitor and evaluate athlete performance and record relevant data to ensure standards are met and potential is maximized
- Strong communication and people management skills
- In depth knowledge of individual and team principles including techniques, tactics, coaching trends and international developments
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership abilities, and an ability to motivate and inspire others
- Oversee the development of the individual athletes
- Ability to successfully manage individual differences and group dynamics
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, observe confidentiality and use discretion and initiative.
- Organizational and management skills, working in conjunction with administration
- Capacity to travel domestically and overseas.
- Ability to thrive in a pressured environment of irregular and long hours, and capacity to travel domestically and overseas for extended periods
- Driven by achieving results, a passion to succeed Innovative and insightful with strong initiative and problem solving abilities Embraces change positively and actively seeks new and improved ways to do things
- Represent USA Field Hockey national and internationally as requested by the CEO/Executive Director at conferences, seminars, the media, and other occasions as necessary.
- Represent USA Field Hockey at all times in a professional and personal manner that reflects positively upon the program, the organization and the United States of America.