No Longer Accepting Applications
The Houston Astros is seeking personable and energetic individuals to interact with and engage fans at in-market and community events, as well as assist with marketing activations as they relate to our in-game operations. This role will also play a vital part in helping to shape the Houston Astros Grassroots Marketing efforts that will assist us in the promotion of our gameday promotions and events.
The Shuttle Crew Marketing Team is an active group and members must possess upbeat, outgoing attitudes with drive and dedication to create a family-friendly atmosphere and experience for Astros fans.
If you are available 14-16 hours/week (including weekdays and weekends), have a desire to be a contributing member of our Shuttle Crew Marketing Team and would like to gain relevant marketing experience with a professional sports franchise, this is the job for you!
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Activate at numerous events throughout Houston and surrounding communities with the goal of increasing awareness and equity of the Houston Astros brand.
- Responsible for the set-up and teardown of equipment, as well as the distribution of promotional items at each event.
- Assist in the Astros Buddies Club membership fulfillment and sales. Outgoing individuals who are comfortable talking to people and promoting Astros baseball is essential.
- Support and help lead large scale team marketing initiatives during Astros home games
- Ideate and execute targeted grassroots marketing promotions in Houston and surrounding areas.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with marketing and entertainment staff.
- Present ideas to members of the Houston Astros full-time marketing team to help raise awareness of gameday promotions, events, and the Astros brand.
- Work directly with our key corporate partners to create positive experiential brand experiences and represent the Houston Astros in a positive manner in these interactions.
- Outgoing personality is a MUST! We want highly energetic, enthusiastic people to promote the Astros brand in and around Houston.
- Previous marketing/promotional experience for a college or professional sports team preferred.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Reliable, punctual and professional attitude.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong passion for entertaining and Astros baseball!
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a good driving record.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.