No Longer Accepting Applications
The Communications Intern will assist the Communications and PR teams in providing quality media relations to local and national media covering the Florida Panthers. The role will be responsible for support in the preparation and dissemination of media documents as well as game day operations including check ins, credentialing and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Press Box set up, pre and postgame
- Collection, transcription, and distribution of postgame interviews
- Interaction and fulfillment of on-site media requests
- Organize game day stats and information for distribution to media, visiting team personnel, etc.
- Assist in game day media relations tasks such as credentialing, check-in, statistics distribution, statistics tracking and online coverage
- Written duties including support on press releases and other written communications
- Accumulation of external media clips and external media tracking
- Other assigned tasks
- Preferred but not required to be current college student or post-graduate student in a Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Digital Media Field
- Must be able to work home games and events on weekends and holidays as needed, must willing to commit to at least 70% of home Panthers games at FLA Live Arena.
- Hockey knowledge and communications skills are necessary
- Must possesses excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Should demonstrate professional behavior and appropriate attire at all times
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites a plus but not necessary