GWN Events is looking for a sales intern. The successful candidate will take with them valuable experience into the world of event sales & sponsorship from event marketing, marketing collateral development, relationship selling and general business development. There will be training provided during the first few days of the internship, along with day-to-day training as the internship progresses.
If you are a self-starter, results oriented, well organized, and sweat the small details, then this is the job for you.
Responsibilities and duties will include (but not limited to):
- Provide sales support and business development for GWN Events (Major League Dragon Boat Series and running events such as Superpower 5K).
- Provide comprehensive research for partnership targets
- Team and vendor sales for GWN event
- Activation, fulfillment of all contractual obligations for sponsors, vendors, corporate experience sessions
- Development of marketing and sales materials and sponsorship proposals
- Assist with general business support and other duties as required
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality service
- The ability to work in a team environment and work independently
- The ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven results-oriented and sales orientation
- Sales experience an asset
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe programs (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and In Design) is an asset
- Proficient computer skills in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Flexibility to work remotely and/or at the office