No Longer Accepting Applications
- Manage high-pressure environments, such as finish areas and press conferences.
- Ensure clear communication from the U.S. Ski & Snowboard management team to athletes/staff and vice-versa.
- Conduct all work in an atmosphere conducive to athletic excellence.
- Develop strategic messages for athletes and team.
- Assist athletes in brand building, self-promotion and increasing personal and team fan base.
- Educate athletes and staff with skills that support their traditional media, social media and public interaction.
- Develop news information content for each major event including Olympics, World Championships, World Cup, U.S. Grand Prix, X Games and Dew Tour (plus other events on occasion).
- Build and maintain athlete biographies throughout the season with complete updates performed each March/April.
- Manage athlete biography information for FIS and broadcasters.
- Passion and engagement in skiing and snowboarding
- Proactive, organized, detail-oriented—able to work on tight deadlines and in a live environment
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and partnerships with athletes, support staff, and media entities
- Leadership, communication and strong relationship building skills to effectively work between departments and unite organization and athletes
- Proven writing background
- Positive, upbeat presence with others, including both coworkers and outside contacts
- Self-motivated, easily adaptable, passionate, creative and curious
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment; available for travel and working non-traditional hours