No Longer Accepting Applications
- Manage high-pressure environments, such as finish areas and press conferences.
- Ensure clear communication from the U.S. Ski & Snowboard management team to athletes/staff and vice-versa.
- Conduct all work in an atmosphere conducive to athletic excellence.
- Develop strategic messages for athletes and team.
- Assist athletes in brand building, self-promotion and increasing personal and team fan base.
- Educate athletes and team staff with skills that support their traditional media, social media and public interaction.
- Develop news information content for each major event including Olympics, World Championships and World Cups (plus other events on occasion).
- Assist in freestyle-specific content development for social media channels.
- Build and maintain athlete biographies throughout the season with complete updates performed each March/April.
- Manage athlete biography information for FIS and broadcasters.
- Establish and maintain a global network of media contacts with a focus on targeting areas important to telling U.S. Ski & Snowboard’s story.
- Work with athletes and staff to be proactive in interacting strategically with the media.
- Manage inbound media requests.
- Ensure the dissemination of the U.S. Ski & Snowboard brand through athletes.
- Work with the media and event organizers on the athletes’ and team’s behalf including distribution of athlete and staff comments, information alerts, audio, photography and video as appropriate to help tell the story.
- Serve as a liaison between athletes/staff and news media including management of mixed zones and other media areas, as well as other pre-race and post-race opportunities with both media onsite and offsite.
- Provide support for television broadcasters including host broadcaster, key networks and U.S. Ski & Snowboard production.
- Passion and engagement in skiing and snowboarding
- Proactive, organized, detail-oriented—able to work on tight deadlines and in a live environment
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and partnerships with athletes, support staff, and media entities
- Leadership, communication and strong relationship building skills to effectively work between departments and unite organization and athletes
- Proven writing background
- Positive, upbeat presence with others, including both coworkers and outside contacts
- Self-motivated, easily adaptable, passionate, creative and curious
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment; available for travel and working non-traditional hours
- Knowledgeable in strategic social media communications