No Longer Accepting Applications
- Mange, supervise and participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events to ensure completion in a safe, accurate, and timely manner.
- Hire, train, evaluate and manage all operations coordinators and semi-skilled workers engaged in setup and tear down of all events related equipment.
- Schedule and manage part time/ contracted conversions staff.
- Inspect and evaluate physical condition of facility and equipment to keep the building up to date and report any recommendations of updates to the Director of Building Operations.
- Monitor expenses; prepare budgets for labor, materials, and services necessary for the operations department.
- Analyze event information to meet users’ equipment and service needs, prepares staff schedules and work plans for setup, operation and tear down crews.
- Responsible for assembling and disassembling event equipment for setups based on information received from event overviews or event notices disseminated by the event coordinator or event manager.
- Assist in the inventory process of numerous conversion related items including, but not limited to, pipe and drape, stanchions, tables, table skirts, chairs, bike rack, staging, stage skirts, etc.
- Provide oversite and assistance of Deer District LLC pressure washing outdoors.
- Ensure departmental equipment are in excellent operating condition and maintain a preventative maintenance program. Coordinates the repair of items as needed or requiring additional attention.
- Maintain all storage areas and make sure they are neat and cleaned.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, loss of property, and safety concerns promptly to the Director of Building Operations.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in facility operations preferably with a sports facility, convention center or other multipurpose public assembly facility.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Operate a forklift and scissor-lift or be willing and able to be trained on how to operate such equipment.
- Work irregular schedule to ensure proper supervision of all events as described above and activities scheduled in the facility, as required. Work time periods (in addition to daytime periods) include approximately one hundred events per year that occur on nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be willing to work overnight hours (10:00 PM – 8:00 AM) for conversions when needed.
- Possess knowledge of the principles of building operations, maintenance, practices, and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of methods in setting up/tearing down basketball events, ice events and concerts.
- Strong project management and organizational skills in which attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects on time.
- Ability to think creatively, work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Tact and patience in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team building and collaboration skills.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information is required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, PP, Word), and MS Outlook.
- Be aware of fire and safety codes and ADA requirements.